1:1 CHAT GUIDE FOR A PARTICIPANT
You’re now ready to meet the host of the project you are interested in. This chat is meant to see if you are a good fit and if the project is what you expect it to be.
Preparing for the discussion
Review the project in the portal and be prepared to cover any and all items proposed in the project. You might also take a moment to check out the host’s profile to learn more about them.
Spend time at the beginning of the discussion to ask about how the project came to be and to share a vision for how you see yourself contributing to the work.
Consider what role you are hoping to fill and how the overall project can contribute to your desired development. How do you see this project and the host be contributing to your development?
Ask about next steps. When will the host make decisions about staffing the project and when will the project work? Who else will be on the team?
Questions you may be asked
1. Can you tell me briefly about yourself?
2. Why are you interested in this project?
3. What skills would you bring to this project?
4. What do you want to get out of this project?
5. Can you describe the current support of your manager for you to take on a project?
6. Why do you think you should be selected for this project?
7. What is your time capacity for this project work?
8. Do you have any questions about the deliverables or expectations for this project?
9. Have you participated on a Stretch@KP project before?